The project, involving 12 project partners from 5 EU Member States, is aimed at creating a transnational enabling environment for the uptake of renewable energies and the creation of low-carbon energy communities in Alpine territories through the deployment of microgrids. In particular, ALPGRIDS will focus on:
- Developing a common understanding of microgrids and their benefits;
- Creating an enabling policy environment for microgrids;
- Replicating the microgrid model in the Alpine Space and beyond.
To achieve these goals, the project will build on 7 existing microgrid pilot sites in 5 countries and take them to the next steps in order to develop the following key outputs:
- an alpine microgrid model for energy communities and project developers;
- a policy package for national, regional and local policy makers;
- a replication program involving organizations outside the consortium.
The key benefits of this project are:
- Increasing the energy autonomy of local communities;
- Improving the resilience of electricity networks in the case of emergencies and power outages;
- Reducing the electric losses and infrastructure costs;
- Introducing of new services to the grid.
For further information, please contact Dr. Paola Laiolo at email@example.com