The MYSUN project is promoted by the European Commission Agency EACEA (Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency) in the scheme of the Erasmus+ program aimed at improving the “Capacity Building in Higher Education” of the Partner Countries external to the European Union Member States.
The project brings together 9 Malaysian universities from around the Country, as well as 3 European universities (among them the University of Genoa) and the Ministry of Education Malaysia.
The overall aim is to promote Malaysian university campuses as “living laboratories” for sustainability and energy efficiency. Specifically, the objective of MYSUN is twofold:
- To strengthen the human capacities in university campuses’ sustainability and energy efficiency in Malaysia;
- To develop a platform to promote and support a culture of sustainable HEI (Higher Education Institution) campuses in the Malaysian higher education system through the establishment of the MYSUN Network and the delivery of a pilot MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) on sustainability in HEI campuses.
Over a project lifetime of 36 months, MYSUN will develop and implement a series of activities geared mainly towards 3 pillars summarised below:
- ANALYSIS & TRAINING – the first part of the project will study the situation of sustainability in Malaysian HEIs to identify potential strengths and weaknesses in order to support the development of relevant and quality training that partners will then replicate within their institutions and in national workshops, as well as in a pilot MOOC.
- INSTITUTIONAL STRENGTHENING – the project will stimulate the development of a sustainable campus culture in HEIs through the creation or strengthening of Sustainability Offices which will, among their activities, organise sustainability campaigns and prepare or update campus sustainability plans.
- STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT AT NATIONAL LEVEL – through networking initiatives, links will be strengthened between HEIs, local stakeholders and national policy makers.
For further information, please contact Dr. Paola Laiolo at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Full title||Malaysia Sustainable University Campus Network|
|Objective||Promote Malaysian university campuses as “living laboratories” for sustainability and energy efficiency|
|Duration||15/01/2020 – 14/01/2023 (36 months)|
|Total Budget||€ 945.589|
|Lead Partner||Universiti Putra Malaysia (Malaysia)|
|EU Program||Erasmus + KA2 CBHE program|