The Savona Campus is located in an area a bit bigger than 50.000 sqm. From 1930 to 1990, the same area hosted a military compound of the Italian Army used for recruit training and education. In 1992 an urban regeneration process started to accommodate the University facilities into the pre-existing buildings following the “american campus” model. Nowadays, the Savona Campus hosts all the university facilities (classrooms, study hall and laboratories), research labs, several enterprises and a lot of services for the whole university community, in detail: